Taking extra steps
Moving companies have been deemed an essential service by both state and local governments and M&M Moving and Storage is fully operational. We are following all CDC and local departments of public health guidelines in our operations in order to keep our customers and employees safe.
What we are doing to keep our customers and employees safe
- Performing daily Check-in Screening with employees.
- Providing all moving crews with a COVID-19 Safety Kit that includes: masks, disinfectant, and other safety items.
- Cleaning all equipment at the end of each move.
- Requiring crew members to wash their hands throughout the progression of the move.
- Requiring crew members to wear masks during the initial walk through. The crew members are NOT required to wear masks while physically moving, as the masks cause a safety hazard while performing physical exertion. (the Customer should not be in home at this time)
- Limiting any unnecessary contact including customary traditions like greeting customers with a handshake. We have waived requirements to have customers sign paperwork at the end of the day.
- Employees are required to stay home if they are not feeling well, and customers are asked to reschedule their move if they or someone in their family is not feeling well.
We ask our customers to do the following to keep everyone safe
- Asking customers be prepared to leave their home for the duration of the move after the initial walk-through is completed with the moving crew.
- Asking customers to provide access to soap and running water at all move locations, as it is essential that crew members are able to wash their hands throughout the progression of the move.
- Asking customers who have access to masks or face covers to wear them during the walk-through with the moving crew, as well as maintaining a safe distance of 6 feet or more at all times.
- Being prepared to do much of their interaction with our Crew Chief through phone calls, text, and/or FaceTime during the progression of the move.
- Returning at the end of the move to review the Bills of Lading and any additional documentation. Because we feel that any opportunity for interaction should be limited, we are waiving the requirement to sign the paperwork, and will email you a copy at the end of the job.